As you know, Health Care Reform has proven to bring significant changes to the industry. Rollins is doing everything we can to keep you up to date on the law and regulations as they are released, so as to give you every advantage in the marketplace. To further this, Rollins has put together a toolkit to help you through some of the ins and outs of the new legislation.
After filling out the form to the left you will be redirected to the toolkit that includes:
Note: This Rollins Insurance Health Care Reform Toolkit is not intended to be exhaustive nor should any discussion or opinions be construed as legaladvice. Readers should contact legal counsel for legal advice.
- Healthcare Reform Overview Presentation (ppt) - slides giving a brief touch on: Grandfather Rules, Tax Subsidy Rules, New Summary of Benefit Requirements, New Pre-Existing Exclusion Rules, Age 26 Dependent Rules, Federal and State Medical Loss Ratio, New W2 Reporting Requirements, Exchanges, Individual Mandate and Employer Penalties for Non-Compliance.
- Grandfather Plans (pdf) - This Legislative Brief provides information regarding grandfathered plans and the health care reform provisions from which they are exempt. It describes the changes that can cause a plan to lose grandfathered status and has been updated for the amended rule regarding changing insurance policies.
- Non-Discrimination Rules (pdf) - The health care reform law requires non-grandfathered fully-insured group health plans to follow nondiscrimination rules related to compensation, effective for plan years beginning on or after September 23, 2010. This Legislative Brief summarizes these nondiscrimination requirements.
- Flexible Spending Account Changes (pdf) - The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act provides that employer health plans can only reimburse expenses for over-the-counter (OTC) drugs with a prescription. This Legislative Brief provides a summary of IRS Notice 2010-59, which was released on September 3, 2010 and provides guidance on this rule.
- Health Care Reform Timeline (pdf) - The sweeping changes made by the health care reform legislation will be implemented over the next several years. This Legislative Brief provides a timeline for key reform provisions.