Tech Errors & Omissions Insurance Series
Errors & Omissions insurance is one of the most misunderstood coverages that Technology & Digital Media companies will encounter – and with good reason. It is a coverage that goes by many different names (E&O, professional liability, cyber liability…), has no industry standard policy form (like a general liability policy, where every carrier is providing essentially the same coverage) and it changes on what seems like a daily basis. To help simplify and demystify Errors and Omissions coverage, we will provide a multi-part series of posts that cover the basics about Errors & Omissions insurance. These are the topics that we will addess in the coming weeks:
- E&O – WTF? (What’s that for??)
- E&O Insurance – Checking the box
- The E&O Trifecta – Covering Intellectual Property, Privacy and Media
- How to GET PAID by your E&O policy
- How Much does E&O insurance cost ?(& secrets to getting the cost down)
- What is involved in getting E&O Insurance?
- How E&O Claims are triggered and what happens when they are?
- The 5 Most Important Considerations for E&O Buyers